Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Booked a Trip to See the Book Setting?





I am heading off to the UK on Friday. I'll be gone for 10 action packed FULL days. I am trying to cram as much into my trip as I can.

Many of the places that I will be visiting in England and Scotland stem from the various romance novels I have read over the years. In England I am going to walk down St James's Street, see White's from the outside and saunter along the Serpentine in Hyde Park. Of course, the Tower of London is on the list too!


In Scotland I am focusing on many of the places mentioned in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. 
Mostly I am going to soak up the landscape of the Highlands and just imagine what it was like to live in the times that I read about so often.
Is it Friday yet?


So what about you? 
Have you read a book that prompted you to take a trip to see the setting?

3 comments:

Di said...

Have a wonderful trip! Been over there but not for a lot of years - would love go go again!

Unknown said...

Thenk ye! I canna wait. I just want today to be over so I can get on the plane.

Bookswagger said...

That is my 2014 big trip plan would love to see tons of pics and places to go ideas.