Friday, July 12, 2013

Part 1 I'm Back from My Dream Vacation in the UK


What. A. Trip!!!! 

Part 1
I started out in London, England and finished out (after a tour of the Scottish Highlands) in Edinburgh, Scotland. 

After all these years of reading about London in my favourite historical romance novels, I was ecstatic to finally see the areas I've imagined. St. James Street, Fleet Street, Mayfair, Hyde Park, White's Gentlemen Club and on and on.  

I really wanted to see the type of houses that held all those balls and impressive home libraries. My friend and I stayed at a historical boutique hotel that was previously a row of fancy flats. The main floor of one of the flats was lovingly restored and made into the hotel library. I couldn't resist and imagined myself as a lady lounging on the antique furniture reading a romance novel. 






Okay so I had to act it out. If only I had a gown!








We spent some time in Hyde Park and I imagined it jammed packed with carriages and members of the ton. Sitting next to the Serpentine Lake I took in deep breaths and reveled in history and thought of Sarah MacLean's book and a lady trying to fish out her bonnet from the water. 



I will post a series of pictures and blog posts highlighting bits of my trip. I had such an amazing time. I am excited to share with anyone who'll care to read it. 

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Yay! Missed you terribly, but glad you had such a wonderful time!

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

Oh my I am just so incredibly jealous! LOL It sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see the pics! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience :)

~Anna
herding cats & burning soup

June M. said...

Love Sarah's books and LOLed at the fishing the bonnet out of the lake scene (among many others)

Unknown said...

I would have liked to have seen a carriage museum around Hyde Park. I link the two together.
I was happy that I was able to spend a bit of time there.

Tina B said...

Gorgeous pictures!
Places like these are on my bucket list. :)
Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Isn't it amazing to tour the streets that you could only visit before through imagination? It must have been magical like it's straight out of the books themselves. It's wonderful that you had fun while touring London, and I do hope you return for another trip. Maybe this time you could go to Oxford or Manchester.

Tracey Price @ CylleniusTravelServices.co.uk