Monday, June 27, 2011

Hostage to Pleasure by Nalini Singh

Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changelings, Book 5)Dorian and Ashaya’s book

Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changelings, Book 5)

By Nalini Singh

Book Blurb:
Ashaya Aleine was separated from her son, forced to create a neural implant that will forever enslave her psychically gifted Psy race. After fighting a desperate battle to save her child and escape the PsyNet, she's lead not to safety, but into the lethal danger of a sniper's embrace.


You know if you asked me what my favourite Phy-Changeling book was so far, I’d be at a loss. How can Nalini Singh keep writing these stories with such passionate, interesting and addicting storylines? It is a wonderful and wondrous thing. Hostage to Pleasure was excellent.  

I like Dorian. Next to Vaughn he is (so far) my favourite Changeling. I love his flirty charm, his over achieving personality and I liked that he was a little flawed by not being able to change into his leopard. When Dorian rescues Ashaya’s Phy son Keenan and the child latches on to Dorian, that pretty much sealed the deal with my love of Dorian. These males make me smile how possessive they are with their mates. Even if it's their best friends, they give the attitude.

Ashaya’s M-Phy ability was very interesting. She is certainly a different woman when we first met her and she was under the cover of “Silence”. Even though she rescued Jon and Noor is the last book, “Mine toPossess”, she was so cold and unfeeling. What a journey she had to go through to rid herself of Silence. Her twin sociopath sister Amara is going to make for a very interesting storyline. I have no idea what Nalini plans to do with Amara. What a great addition to the already pulse pumping story.

There are also a few more groups of villains added to the mix. You have the Pure Phy which reeks of Nazi mentality and the Human Alliance which at this point is quite secretive. Oh this story just gets better and better.

I find it difficult to give too many details of the book plot and storyline because ever since the first book Slave to Sensation, it has been one big continuous story. It just gets more and more detailed and interwoven. These are not stand alone books. At least I can’t image picking one up in the middle of the series without having the back story. For that reason I struggle to provide the juicy details to convince a reader to pick up a book and try it. All I can say is based upon the fact I am STILL giving straight 5’s, it is awesome.



No comments: