Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Forever and a Day by Jill Shalvis














Grace Brooks and Dr. Josh Scott's book




Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor book 6)

By Jill Shalvis

Book Blurb:
Grace never thought she’d be starting her life over from scratch. Losing everything has landed her in Lucky Harbor, working as a dog walker for overwhelmed ER doctor Josh Scott. But the day his nanny fails to show up, Grace goes from caring for Josh’s loveable mutt to caring for his rambunctious kids. Soon Grace is playing house with the sexy single dad…

With so many people depending on him, Josh has no time for anything outside of his clinic and family–until Grace arrives in town. Now this brainy blonde is turning his life inside out and giving a whole new meaning to the phrase “good bedside manner.” Josh and Grace don’t know if what they have can last. But in a town like Lucky Harbor, a lifetime of love starts with just one day…




What a perfect book to end out 2013. Forever and a Day leaves me with warm and fuzzy feelings.  I have come to love the town of Lucky Harbor and all of their fabulous residents. 

Once again, fantastic characters and the group of townies added to fabulousness of Lucky Harbor. I want to visit this fictional town. Especially since all the male residents seem to be hot and well built. 

I loved the way that Josh and Grace came together. It was a slow build up even though the obvious attraction was there from the get go. Grace moved up from dog walker to babysitting duties and with each day the family situation got more and more involved. I felt overwhelmed reading about all of Josh's commitments and I am not sure how he was able to hold out for so long. I felt really sad for all that he was missing with his son. It was fairly obvious that his son was speaking silly dog language for attention. So hard to be a single parent with the hours that he had to keep being a doctor. 

Even though Josh's sister had a serious attitude, I liked her. She was dealing with a lot and I felt that way she was handling her situation was really true to life. That is what I love about Jill Shalvis' Lucky Harbor series books; lots of real life tossed into a fictional world. 


This quote had me laughing out loud which is a common occurrence when I read this series, 

"What makes you think I screwed up?"
"Because you have a penis"

What I loved also about the story is that Grace didn't just walk into the Scott household and take over and fix everything. She was just learning each day herself. Overall Forever and a Day was simply an awesome read. I fell in love with the couple and also his family. I am so happy to end 2013 with reading a 5 star rated book. 

Teasers: Tank the dog, "The guy code says you get yours first.", steamy pool scene, FREE GRACE




2 comments:

Julie said...

Love this book. Love love love! I am so happy you liked it too. Your review makes me want to read it again...even though I re-read it not all that long ago. Great review Michelle!

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

LOL that is an awesome quote. I so need to re-read this one. Glad you enjoyed it and yep so a good way to have ended the year! I think they're my favorite from the series.