Monday, September 24, 2012

One Red Rose by Julie Garwood















Adam Clayborne & Genevieve Delacroix's book 



One Red Rose (Rose book 4)

By Julie Garwood


Book Blurb:Adam Clayborne has always put great stock in the power of books. As an escaped slave -- and a wanted man -- reading has been his only ticket to the wonders of distant lands. Adam is content with his life as a confirmed bachelor, which is why his Mama Rose has summoned the irresistible Genevieve Delacroix to Montana. Also a former slave, Genevieve shares his dream of seeing the world, but she arrives to find Adam unfailingly polite...and just as distant. Undaunted, Genevieve determines to teach Adam what he'll never learn from a book -- that true freedom only comes when you open your heart.


I have to admit, I was disappointed in Adam's story. Maybe disappointed is to strong of a word. Genevieve drove me nuts and I really couldn't stand her and her nonsense. She seemed very smart and brave one moment and then just plain stupid the next. There is nothing I hate more than a stupid heroine who makes stupid decisions. 
The storyline in One Red Rose didn't draw me in at all and in fact, I've made the decision to not read the next book in the series for awhile. The Rose books just haven't grabbed me the way Julie Garwood books usually memorize me. I am not sure why I haven't fallen in love with this series as the Clayborne men are outstanding. I just didn't feel this series. 




No comments: