Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole














Lucia the Huntress and Garreth MacRieve's book





Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark book 9)

By Kresley Cole


Book Blurb:A DANGEROUS BEAUTY ...
Lucia the Huntress: as mysterious as she is exquisite, she harbors secrets that threaten to destroy her --- and those she loves.

AN UNCONTROLLABLE NEED ...
Garreth MacRieve, Prince of the Lykae: the brutal Highland warrior who burns to finally claim this maddeningly sensual creature as his own.

THAT LEAD TO A PLEASURE SO WICKED ...
From the shadows, Garreth has long watched over Lucia. Now, the only way to keep the proud huntress safe from harm is to convince her to accept him as her guardian. To do this, Garreth will ruthlessly exploit Lucia's greatest weakness --- her wanton desire for him.



Super loved Pleasure of a Dark Prince. At this point in the IAD series I can't really say which one is my favourite but I think Pleasure of a Dark Prince will be way up there. 

I just loved how Pleasure of a Dark Prince takes the reader alllll the way back to the second book, A Hunger Like No Other. I remember when I read that story there were a couple of snippets regarding Garreth and Lucia that I had really wanted to have more information about. I was fist pumping that Kresley Cole didn't deny her readers that chance and looped us right back to the beginning. I know that Kresley Cole will probably never read this review but THANK YOU for that!

One thing that can be said about the Lykae, when they find their mate, they are relentless at pursuit. Lucia had Garreth chasing her all over the world for an entire year! 

Lucia had a super interesting back story. It was dark and reflected on why she is so close to Regin. I liked Regin a lot before reading Pleasure of a Dark Prince but she stepped up a few notches in my mind.  I can't wait to read her book. 

Lucia was a great heroine because she was not only the best archer in the entire world but she didn't come across all badassy as a warrior. She had a soft spot and was almost pining for romance. Even though she didn't wear sexy under-garmets like the other Valkyrie, she seemed quite feminine to me. I liked that. I also really liked that Garreth and Lucia's conflict was about trying to get her to fall in love or even about just liking Garreth but rather it was an unique situation that prevented them being together. Lucia held back a lot of secrets from Garreth (and it was maddening to read about). 

The one dominate trait about the Lykae and totally drives me nuts about their clan is their need to protect. I mean OVER protect. Lucia is a huntress. Even her name is Lucia the Huntress. She is the best archer in the entire world yet Garreth sometimes treated her as if she was a trainee warrior. She was a thousand years old and extremely capable. I would have loved it if Garreth respected that more in Lucia. Once Lucia finally revealed her secrets, it would have been awesome if he said, "Ok, lets go get the big bad together and kick his ass." Yeah that's not likely with any Lykae. 

I am totally intrigued with a new character introduction, Charlie/Izabel. I really hope we hear something more on him/her. 

Nix once again was the total scene stealer. 

I find it interesting with this IAD series that there are only a few actual intimate sex scenes but the heat rating on the stories are always elevated. 

Teasers: Amazon boat trip, anaconda nightmare *shivers*, Cruach was a disgusting villain *shivers again*, Lothaire the ring/thumb thief



2 comments:

The Brunette Librarian said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

LOVE THIS BOOK so stinkin' much. I read it when it came out and I definitely am going to have to reread it now. Kresley Cole can write a heck of a romance but her characters are so stinkin' AWESOME. The way she weaves the stories together...ugh, cannot talk enough about how big of a fan girl I am!

So glad you liked it!!! AMAZING book! Have a wonderful reading week! The Brunette Librarian :)

Unknown said...

I am so in to this series right now! I love hearing from others that loved these books as much as me!