Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Leave Me Breathless by Cherrie Lynn















Macy Rodgers and Seth "Ghost" Warren's book



Leave Me Breathless (Ross Siblings book 3) 

By Cherrie Lynn


Book Blurb:Leather and lace don't strike sparks. Or do they?
It's Valentine's Day, but Macy Rodgers isn't feeling the love. Aside from a torrid, one-night fling in a backseat a few months back, her love life has been sorely lacking, but fortunately she has devious friends who feel like playing Cupid. Wouldn't they be shocked to learn that the match they've made for her is the same one that steamed up the back of that '69 GTO..
Seth "Ghost" Warren has just returned to town after an extended absence. Between his grandmother's failing health, his job as a tattoo artist, his band's gigs, and a crazy ex that won't leave him alone, he's stretched thin. Cautious cowgirl Macy is the last thing he needs thrown into the mix.
She's all country, he's all heavy metal—and Macy knows that if anyone can propel her out of her rut, it's Seth. But when their worlds collide, it's anyone guess if they'll survive with their hearts intact.



Great title of this book because it left me breathless. Wow did I enjoy it. I am pleased the cover had a bald guy on it since Seth has a shaved head however that is not quite how I picture the characters.  

Leave Me Breathless is an exact example of me purchasing a book due to a Twitter buzz. Not by the author mind you but rather by the excitement from fellow book bloggers praising this story. That always captures my attention way more than an author plug so I bought it ASAP. I held on to read the story for a bit as I was waiting for the mood to strike me to read a contemporary romance with erotic elements. Perfection. There isn't a damn thing I can say about Leave Me Breathless that I didn't like about it. That is really rare for me. For the $1.99 price tag it is well beyond worth it. 

Seth fits the bad boy persona in appearance. Tattoos, goatee, bald, awesome GTO car, plays in a band and even *clears throat* has a pierced manhood. (oh and he knows how to use it!!!) All this rocker image but you are still cognizant of a man who deeply loves his Nana, his sister and is fractured and wary of relationships because of  his burned past experiences. He is forever the jokester and a talented tattoo artist. He says exactly what comes to his mind but seems to be able to hone onto the sensitive feelings and needs of Macy. To put it bluntly, he is droolworthy and has now been added to my list of book boyfriends. 

I really related to Macy. A lot. In fact I saw a lot of Macy's persona in me. Probably more than I have ever felt in any heroine I've read before. Here is are some great descriptions about Macy:

"She'd always prided herself on being the type of who didn't spread her drama around for everyone's amusement, and swallowing that pride felt like choking down a bowling ball."

"She was one of those girls who remarkable had a different hairstyle every time he saw her."

Macy is the complete opposite of Seth. She is country to his heavy metal. He is tattooed all over his body and she is milky white clean. She rides horses and he plays guitars. She has a close loving relationship with her parents and he grew up without the influence of parents. Whereas their upbringings were opposite they both are fiercely loyal to their friends and are both pretty stubborn and determined. So on the outside looking in, they may appear night and day but inside where it counts, they were more alike. 

I am reading Leave Me Breathless out of order since it is the third in the series. I am most definitely going back to read book 2 and book 1. You can read Leave Me Breathless as a stand alone but now I want to read more about these characters. 

The intimate scenes were outstanding and very well written. Yes Leave Me Breathless is erotic but the story is the key feature. The erotic scenes are the icing on the cake. The scenes are not filled with props (toys etc) but rather the focus is more about the building of love between a man and a woman that just have insatiable appetites for each other. 

Teasers: Seth in a fedora, history of "Ghost", hotel in the middle, stalker exes


No comments: