Saturday, October 26, 2013

Unattainable by Madeline Sheehan


















Tegen and Cage
Ellie and Dirty





Unattainable (Undeniable book 3)

By Madeline Sheehan

Book Blurb:
Warning: This is not a virtuous and tender love story. It’s chaotic, ruthless, and tragic. This story takes love and kills its innocence, steals away the pure moments, and crushes the hearts of the broken. A story born in childhood, tying one girl to one boy, leads to a destructive path—that hurts more than it doesn’t, that shatters more than it heals—testing the love that binds the two through a lifetime. 

Tegen Matthews is the daughter of Dorothy Kelley, a club whore in the Hell’s Horsemen. A plain little girl, Tegen falls into the gritty world of the motorcycle club. When she meets a sweet, caring boy, she embraces the warmth and affection he shows her. Cage West is the son of the president of the Hell’s Horsemen. Tall and blond with deep brown eyes, as he grows up Cage realizes the power of his dimpled smile and smooth drawl. With one chance encounter, Tegen becomes forever tied to Cage. Following is a wayward journey that is filled with regrets, mistakes, and heartache, pulling at the threads that hold them together. Cage and Tegen fight hard but love harder, and in the end, what matters is where the journey takes one girl and one boy, who have been twined with one another since the beginning. 

This is Tegen and Cage’s story. 

Love doesn’t erase a broken heart, and it sure doesn’t change people. But no matter how old, how flimsy, how frayed the rope of love is, it keeps you tethered to the people you love.





Let me start out by saying that the first two books in this series were out of this world amazing. I rated them with a rare 5+ rating. Unfortunately, Unattainable didn't do it for me the way that Undeniable and Unbeautifully did it for me. I dreamed about those books and had major book hangovers. So having said that, was Unattainable still really good but since I was so over the top blown away with the first two that I'm rating lower than I should? I'm totally not sure. 

Cage and Tegen deserve each other. I was not into them at all. All their yelling and drama was too much. I mean I love drama in stories but not their kind of relationship drama. Sometimes Cage and Tegen's sexcapades bordered on rape and that just isn't my thing. I found that when I was reading their interactions, I was trying really hard not to skim through because I felt the urge to do it constantly. I did not allow myself to be absorbed into their story very much. They gave me a headache. I think the author must have known that the characteristics of Cage and Tegen would not grasp and take hold of readers because she treated us to another couple's story in Unattainable; Dirty and Ellie. 

I will say my feelings about Dirty and Ellie were quite different from Cage and Tegen. I wished the entire book was more Dirty and Ellie and less Cage and Tegen. I was much more interested in their interactions and wanted more of them. Although Dirty's background was over the top disturbed, I still would have liked more about how the pair were healing each other. 

As always it is a treat to read anything with Deuce and Eva (my favourite couple in the series). Anytime the author includes something with Deuce and Eva, I will naturally gravitate towards them and hunger for more. They are the most addicting couple I've ever read. 

I am still addicted to the series and I will keep on reading the series for sure! 

Teasers:  the most bizarre family dinners ever, bye bye Blue, disturbed violence to death, heart attack





No comments: