Thursday, February 13, 2014

Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh















Kaleb Krycheck and Sahara Nightstar



Heart of Obsidian (Phy-Changeling book #12)

By Nalini Singh

Book Blurb:
A dangerous, volatile rebel, hands stained bloodred.
 
A woman whose very existence has been erased.
 
A love story so dark, it may shatter the world itself.
 
A deadly price that must be paid.
 
The day of reckoning is here.





Without a doubt, Nalini Singh is one of the best urban fantasy story tellers I have ever read. I don't care which of her series/books you pick up, prepare to be completely and totally sucked in. I just finished Heart of Obsidian (after waiting forever for it to come out in paperback) and I have no words. I can't explain how completely excellent Heart of Obsidian was. Definitely the best read of 2014 so far. I have avoided all spoilers for Heart of Obsidian since it came out so I had no idea what to expect. All I knew is that it was finally Kaleb's story. 

First let me start with saying, THESE ARE NOT STAND ALONE BOOKS. The good news is that the previous twelve books are also awesome so get going if you haven't started the series. If you can't afford to buy them, go directly to your library and borrow them. 

The Phy/Changeling world is complicated to explain in a sole review. Now having said that, the world grows with you so if you start book 1, Slave to Sensation, you will not be lost and an overload of information is not dumped on you. I promise you. 

Kaleb has always been a powerfully mysterious Phy man. As a reader you crave to know more about him and what he is capable of. Each and every previous book that Kaleb was in, the author Nalini Singh only delivered masterfully placed tidbits of information. After reading Heart of Obsidian you get the full story. Brace yourself, as there is a lot of backstory to absorb and thankfully all of the puzzle pieces finally fit. Also allow me to add, I love Kaleb. I. Just. Love. Him. 

Sahara. Wow. There could be no one else for Kaleb other than Sahara. It is so hard to comment on Heart of Obsidian without mentioning spoilers. In fact, I don't want to. If you follow this Phy-Changeling series, you will be blown away with this twelfth book. 

Nalini Singh wraps up the story in a most excellent style. Once I closed the cover, I had a slight panic that this was the last book. I immediately went to her website and was relieved to read that there are more coming. Fantastic! 

Heart of Obsidian is the first book of 2014 that is awarded my 5+. 

Teasers: memories buried in a mind labyrinth, one kiss practically broke a house, Pure Phy returns, the Ghost is revealed!!!!!






1 comment:

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

Aws glad you enjoyed it so much! I'm getting ready to start book 3 and am enjoying them :) I'm ready for Hawke's book :)