Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Guilty Pleasure - Author C.J. Ellisson Talks Lingerie!



Today on my blog I am simply giddy to share the guest spot with author C.J. Ellisson. I love her Guilty Pleasure topic and I hope you will too. As always, thank you for stopping by. 



some of C.J.'s books here











My Guilty Pleasure


I’ve read a bunch of the old posts regarding this topic and thought it was great fun. I’m eager to jump in and share my guilty pleasure – lingerie! When we moved into this house seven years ago I experienced the joy of having my very own large walk-in closet. It was kind of funny when I unpacked my things to discover I didn’t own enough clothes to fill half the thing.

What did this creative gal do? I decided to fill one lower rack with all my lingerie! I put all my pretty things on hangers for easy access, and noticed I started wearing them more and more. I’m not your typical chick—I don’t sleep in a long t-shirt or a tank top and sweats. I don’t buy the college-aged PINK line at Victoria’s Secret. Nope, not me. I buy the nicer stuff from their grown-up side, Macy’s, and occasionally Target, or I buy some truly inspiring creations from Fredericks of Hollywood.

Sure, some of their stuff is laughable, like the nipple-less teddys, but other items are just fun. In the past ten years their quality has come up quite a bit – but unless you plan on street walking later, I don’t recommend trying their cheap-ass clothing. Someone dropped the ball in their buying department. It’s like most of the blouses and shirts just scream, “I’m a slut.”

Now, I got no problem looking like a ‘ho in the bedroom, ‘cause hey, if I pick the right piece of lingerie I won’t have a care in the world for the next thirty to sixty minutes ;-) And even if it’s not a night I feel like having fun, I still dress in something feminine. Make him think about it, make him wish it was tonight, make him want to cuddle up next to me and I have to tell him to back off cause it’s too hot to cuddle… yeah, that’s what I’m talking about.

From teddies, baby dolls, push-up night gowns, French maid and Asian inspired costumes, corsets, body stockings, simple slip styles, two piece shortie outfits, to long warm fleece… I’ve got dozens upon dozens of nightclothes. There are some nights I ask him to pick a color because I don’t know what to choose!

Keep it exciting, keep it fun… make your man dream about you and what you’ll be wearing when you step out of the bathroom every night. Start a collection this year and keep on buying. Trust me, it’ll be one type of clothing you never donate!

Do you have a special drawer or spot in your closet for your special night clothes? 


C.J. Ellisson writes erotica and urban fantasy. Her vampire series, The V V Inn, mixes a heavy dose of erotic elements with suspense, action, a little bit of mystery and some light humor. She lives in northern Virginia with her husband, two children, two dogs, and a fluffy black cat who makes her sneeze.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful guilty pleasure... what girl doesn't like lingerie... hmm I sure do. Nice to meet you C.J - love the covers of your books btw;)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today. I loved your Guilty Pleasure! So much fun.
I wear a Tshirt to bed and the extent of my sexy lingerie would be a pretty bra. LOL
I never really got into them. Your post makes me want to give it a go though. Maybe I'll get something special from Santa.

All the best to you this holiday season.

Julie said...

Very cool guilty pleasure! I'm like Michelle. I just recently bought two fancy push-up bras and those are really my only sexy pieces of lingerie. I can see the appeal of spicing things up and wearing something different every night, though. I especially love the teasing element. We shall see....

Thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle! Thanks agin for having me on for such a fun post.

Thanks tfwalsh -- I did the covers myself.

And tes, Michelle and Julie, you need more lingerie. Show him what a gorgeous and sexy creature he's lucky enough to have in the room with him. And if he ever forgets it you can pick up a baseball bat (or crop, oh wait, that's just me) and remind him ;-)

Have a great holiday season ladies and I sincerely hope Santa brings you something sex-say!

I forgot to include it in my post, too many balls in the air this week, but I'm doing a huge ebook giveaway on my FB page. If you or anyone else would like copies of the current seven titles offered, please stop by:

http://www.facebook.com/C.J.EllissonFanPage?sk=app_237342086329077

Unknown said...

Oh geez, and please ignore my typos, that's what I get for rushing!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous post, C.J. :) I'm a t-shirt and shorts for bed gal but then... I sleep alone so no one to impress. ;) By the time hubby sees me, it's noon and I'm dressed. lol