Monday, May 20, 2013

UnBeautifully by Madeline Sheehan














Ripper and Danny's book
(BUT THANK GOD LOTS OF DEUCE & EVA too)



Unbeautifully (Undeniable book 2)


By Madeline Sheehan


Book Blurb:

Warning: This is not a story about fate or destiny. This is a story about pain, sorrow, and suffering. This is an impulsive whirlwind romance between two lovers that are not meant to be together. Theirs is not a world with sunshine and roses. Instead, their love blossoms in a secret world full of crime, violence, and death. Their story is about what can be born from nightmares. 

Danielle “Danny” West is the daughter of Deuce West, President of the Hell’s Horsemen Motorcycle Club. A sweet and beautiful girl, she loses her way, searching for things that are always out of her reach. Erik “Ripper” Jacobs is the Sergeant of Arms in the Hell’s Horsemen. Once a man who always had a smile on his face, his life takes a turn for the worst when a tragedy befalls him, leaving him scarred and broken. During a midsummer night, Danny and Ripper’s paths cross, forever changing their lives. Hastily, their lust turns to love until another tragedy forces them apart. On a journey that is marred with ugliness and chaos, Danny and Ripper must discover if their unforeseen connection can find the beauty in their world. 

This is Danny and Ripper’s story. 

Everything has beauty. Even the ugly. Especially the ugly.
Because without ugly, there would be no beauty.





I am going to try my hardest to do this review and not use the F-word. I really want to be able to repost the review in Amazon and I won't be able to do so if the review if full of Fbombs. So here I go. 

I'm fucking ruined for other books. Well shit that lasted a second. Unbeautifully rocked my world and once again for this author, I'm awarding another 5+ review. Wow back to back 5+ ratings. 

I am trying to form my words to deliver a worthy enough review. This "Undeniable" series is unlike anything I've ever read before. Like ever. Yes the series is a romance story but it's more of a romance story on steroids, brimming with an aphrodisiac substance, delivered by a hog riding, leather donning dude with a man bun.

I love how Unbeautifully begins. Madeline Sheehan doesn't waste a moment as the storyline picks right up from where Undeniable left off. Oh I LOVE when authors do that.  I was puzzled at first when I read that Unbeautifully was to be Danny and Ripper's book because I understood that Danny was with another man, Z. It all makes sense and the pieces all fall together beautifully. 

Danny is the daughter of the Deuce, President of the Hell's Horsemen Motorcycle Club and lead protagonist from the book 1, UndeniableAs cool as Deuce is, Madeline Sheehan has never really put him high up on a pedestal. That is the draw to me. Deuce is what he is and makes no qualms that the Hell's Horsemen Club is #1. As such, Danny has had to take a backseat to the club her entire life. Dear ol' dad missed a whole lot while Danny was growing up. To top off his absence while she was maturing, the story starts off with Deuce being equally as distant as everyone is struggling to heal from the wickedness of the attacks from the first book, Undeniable

Unbeautifully is not a stand alone book. You must read book 1 first. The continuity is AMAZING. I was still reeling with emotions after reading Undeniable as I jumped right into Unbeautifully. So much heart stopping, gasping out loud, shit goes down in book 1 that it was completely satisfying that the author wrote the aftermath and consequences from Undeniable. Let's face it, there was a lot of emotions splayed all over the place from the first book and there would be no way for the characters to be in a "happily ever after" situation with out some deep shit healing. Unbeautifully helps understand how that healing took place for Eva and Deuce. As an instant fan of that crazy couple, I needed to read more about them. Thank you Madeline Sheehan for delivering and for not just shoving it all under the carpet.

As for Ripper and Danny, nobody that was close to Eva and Deuce would have gotten off easy with the heavy dose of insanity that was experienced in book 1. In Unbeautifully, they find each other and with painfully forbidden circumstances, they untraditionally fall in love with one another. Let's face it, it almost feels taboo to have Danny fall in love with a man so much older than she and likewise, the tough and rough Ripper fall for a gentle young woman like Danny. 

I think that there is way more sex in Unbeautifully than what was in the first book. It was hot and raw and oh so sexy. I still struggle to rate the book as "erotica" though. The story was deep and involved and the sex was secondary in my opinion. I am invested into the story and I cannot wait for the next book. Madeline Sheehan has really set up the characters well and I'm dying to dive into Unattainable. I have no idea when it will be released. 

Teasers: prom night of memories, making love on a bike, Puerto Rican - not an American Indian, outstanding secondary cast



1 comment:

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

Bwhaha I love how long you lasted. ::snort:: Glad you loved this one too! One of my favorite scenes was one of your teasers (Puerto Rican). I about died. lol

Great review! I'm so looking forward to the next one. Omg the fireworks are gonna be interesting.