Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Rogue's Proposal by Jennifer Haymore















Lord Luke Hawkins and Emma (Curtis) Anderson's book




The Rogue's Proposal (House of Trent book 2)

By Jennifer Haymore

Book Blurb:
Lord Lukas Hawkins, the rakish second son of the House of Trent, has never found a wager he couldn't win or a woman he couldn't seduce—until his search for his missing mother leads him to a mysterious encounter with a beautiful stranger.

Luke's mother has been missing for months, and while his honorable older brother Simon, Duke of Trent, leads the official investigation from London, Luke sets out on a somewhat seedier path. Sources have told him his mother was last seen with a scoundrel named Roger Morton, but their association isn't clear. Was she kidnapped or did she go willingly?

While searching for Morton, Luke meets Emma Anderson, a secretive beauty with her own reasons for hunting Morton. At first Luke laughs at the idea of allowing a woman to join him in his search, but soon Emma's insights into Morton—like the woman herself—prove impossible to resist.





I am wow'd right now. I freaking love this series and this book, The Rogue's Proposal is only book 2! You could read The Rogue's Proposal as a stand alone book but I would not recommend it. There is an overall story that is carried forward and is probably going to last until the end of the series. It is not a heavy plot but it is the plot that will link these stories together. 

Luke is what I would call my absolutely perfect lover. Note I didn't say perfect man; because he is not a perfect man. But oh wow he can set the sheets on fire. In fact I am willing to say that the intimate scenes between Luke and Emma are one of the best that I have ever in a historical romance (if ever). Their lovemaking was the perfect mix of erotic and mild bondage and complete love. Now don't go into this thinking that The Rogue's Proposal is a BDSM book and be disappointed because it is not. There is mild and sexy bondage which perfectly matched this excellent couple. 

I know that the first thing I have reviewed is about Luke and Emma's intimate scenes (which were brilliantly written) but that is only a partial component of this amazing story. The majority of The Rogue's Proposal takes place on a carriage journey from Bristol to Edinburgh and all the way back to London. I loved it! The author, Jennifer Haymore takes the reader on a journey all across the United Kingdom. I was smitten with all the tiny inn's and the chilly countryside journey. Since it was only the two of them making this trek, you really got to know them well. 

I adored both Luke and Emma. Luke is supposed to be a rogue and he is just so damn likable. Since Luke was the most distant sibling in book 1, The Duchess Hunt, an explanation is satisfactorily provided on Luke's distant demeanor and especially the grudge he has against his eldest brother, the Duke of Trent. A great story there! Emma was great. She was not a timid lady. She was a bit naive with her lack of experience but she was smart and determined. I found I really liked her. 

I cannot wait for the next book in this series. It is out in May 2014 I think. 

Teasers: "Do you like to be bound, Mrs. Curtis?"




  

1 comment:

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

Ahhh yay! I'm so glad to hear this! I loved book one and have book two sitting on my shelf waiting for me just haven't gotten around to it. Must move it up the list now!