Monday, April 14, 2014

The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher















Olivia Kaspen's story



The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies book 1)

By Tarryn Fisher

Book Blurb:
Olivia Kaspen has just discovered that her ex-boyfriend, Caleb Drake, has lost his memory. With an already lousy reputation for taking advantage of situations, Olivia must decide how far she is willing to go to get Caleb back. Wrestling to keep her true identity and their sordid past under wraps, Olivia’s greatest obstacle is Caleb’s wicked, new girlfriend; Leah Smith. It is a race to the finish as these two vipers engage in a vicious tug of war to possess a man who no longer remembers them. But, soon enough Olivia must face the consequences of her lies, and in the process discover that sometimes love falls short of redemption.




When you finish The Opportunist you will do one of two things. You will either:

1) Go right back to the beginning and reread the entire story a right away because you want to read again knowing the ending
OR
2) You will right back to your bookseller and purchase the second book, Dirty Red. 

I did #2. So let me make this review short because I need to get to Dirty Red ASAP. 

The Opportunist does not end on a cliffhanger. You can easily stop reading the series right there. But why would you!?! You know that there is more of a story to be told here and YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT IT IS. 

I don't even know what type of book to call The Opportunist. Yes it is New Adult, and it there is a story of romance but The Opportunist doesn't end with a "happily ever after". It ends, and it is tolerable but not what you would call the HEA. Regardless, it is a story that you MUST read. I made a new blog button just for this book. Hence my new "Roller Coaster Ride" button at the top. The Opportunist should be studied in a psychology class at school. I'd love to sit back and dissect this book with someone. 

I keep hearing a lot about this author Tarryn Fisher. She seems to write complicated, mind blowing scenarios that twist you all up. I know that I sure am right now. When I read the book blurb, I thought I was in for a sordid love triangle. It is not really. The reader goes back and forth from past to present and each of the scenarios of time are seamlessly stitched together. It was timed perfectly. Each word, each scenario, each paragraph has a relevance. I am quite overwhelmed right now and I really do need to go and read Dirty Red

Teasers: missed basketball shot, best friend Cammie, penny press


"I was a relationship retard. I kicked, shoved, and punched people out of my life, so they never had a chance to hurt me."






No comments: