Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Guest Guilty Pleasure - Artemis Hunt "Chocolate Indulgence"



There are a few other bloggers that are doing these Guilty Pleasure posts as well. It all started with C.J. Duggan and if you want a bunch of smiles, circle back to her site and see the comments to read other pleasures. Love to have you join the fun.


Well today I am turning my Guilty Pleasure blog post over to an author that has a very creative name. Artemis Hunt. Well seeing as Artemis is the goddess of the wilderness and the Hunt, I'd say so. 


Artemis has embraced her chocolate addiction. Have you?






I have a guilty pleasure. I am a chocoholic. The downside is that I get 1. A sore throat and 2. Fat eating it, which makes every bite even more sinfully aggravating and delicious. Which then perpetuates the vicious cycle of me craving for more chocolate and getting sicker and fatter in the process. 


I can take only an inch of a chocolate bar comfortably in me a day. More than that, I start getting antsy and guilty. I remember pigging out on a whole box of Belgian seashell chocolates when I was twenty. I swear I gained a whole kilo after that, I was rolling around in bed clutching at my tummy and willing my worldly possession away. But I was happy at the same time in a weird, psychological way that probably accounts for the shrink sessions I'm having today. 

Nowadays, instead of eating pure chocolate, I go for the neutered stuff. Chocolate cakes drowning in chocolate syrup. Chocolate cookies and wafers. Mugs of ice cold chocolate. Chocolate spas (oh yes, they are expensive and another guilty pleasure for me.)




I don't think I can ever escape this cycle of my near-death by chocolate, but its an out of body experience I will gladly embrace again and again. 


How about you? Are you into chocolate? If not what do you indulge in? 




Artemis Hunt has a husband who thinks all fiction is nonsense and all writers of fiction should get their heads checked for situational delusions. At any one time, they have 16 to 20 dogs, many of suspicious virtue.

Artemis frequently wishes she has telekinesis, so she doesn't have to lift a finger to change the room temperature. She's constantly glued to her computer, which serves as her gateway to her friends, books, movies, TV serials and sometimes husband, even though they're sitting on the same bed two feet apart.


You can find Artemis on her blog here.
On Twitter here: @ArtemisHunt1








5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok I admit it. I never heard of chocolate spa before. I'm afraid I'd like my own skin. Really you've had one? Wowza.

Thank you for stopping by today...and making my mouth water. I am a big fan of chocolate. I am Canadian and I swear we have the best chocolate in the entire world. I bet I have some each and every day.

Thanks!

Artemis Hunt said...

Thank you so much for having me on your blog :) I will literally sell my soul for a pool of melting chocolate :)

Julie said...

Ooooh! I would love to go to a chocolate spa! I am so with you on the chocolate love. Those Belgian seashell chocolates are heavenly. I don't blame you for snarfing down an entire box. Plus, they're so decadent and fancy. It's even more fun eating fancy chocolates.

Man, I knew this would happen.

*searches house for chocolate*

Thanks for sharing! :D

Rainy Kaye said...

Oh yes, it's all about the chocolate!

Great looking blog, by the way =)

Unknown said...

Thank you Rainy Kaye :)