Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Seduction of a Highland Lass by Maya Banks









Keely McDonald & Alaric McCabe's book







Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe book 2) 

By Maya Banks

Book Blurb:
Fiercely loyal to his elder brother, Alaric McCabe leads his clan in the fight for their birthright. Now he is prepared to wed for duty, as well. But on his way to claim the hand of Rionna McDonald, daughter of a neighboring chieftain, he is ambushed and left for dead. Miraculously, his life is saved by the soft touch of a Highland angel, a courageous beauty who will put to the test his fealty to his clan, his honor, and his deepest desires.

An outcast from her own clan, Keely McDonald was betrayed by those she loved and trusted. When the wounded warrior falls from his horse, she is drawn to his strong, lean body. The wicked glint in his green eyes ignites a passion that will follow them back to Alaric's keep, where their forbidden love draws them deeper into the pleasures of the flesh. Bus as conspiracy and danger circle closer, Alaric must make an impossible choice: Will he betray his blood ties for the woman he loves?  



So good. So so good. I love this new Highland trilogy by Maya Banks. I adored the first book In Bed with a Highlander and awarded it a perfect 5 hearts. Review here. This second book Seduction of a Highland Lass is also being awarded a perfect 5 hearts by me. I devoured it. I loved it. I could not put it down. I am ever so thankful that book 3 was released yesterday (and it was my birthday too) so I am off to pick it up today. 

Seduction of a Highland Lass is truly a heart palpating, deep romance book that submerges the reader into the world of castles, arranged marriages and clan loyalty. Seduction of a Highland Lass is 100% pure love and torment about a couple that are so in love and with circumstances beyond their control, they can never be together. The conflict that prevented Alaric and Keely from being together was so heart wrenchingly painful to experience. I don't mean that in a negative way at all because the story totally engages the reader and whisked me away to a winter season in Scotland from a time long past. I felt I was there experiencing all the joy and sadness. 

With loyalty, a pending war and the entire clan's happiness dependent on the arranged marriage between Alaric and Rionna (a daughter from a neighbouring clan) a solid wall was placed between Alaric and Keely that they must abide by. You experience their frustration and admire them both for understanding that they must put themselves second above all others. 

My heart was pounding and my eyes were leaking leading up to the nuptials of Alaric and Rionna and then, right when the pair were about to recite their wedding vows the story takes a complete turn and I GASPED out loud. Oh the next chapter or so had me in a constant state of tears. Talk about emotional. 

I just finished Seduction of a Highland Lass and I am still way too attached to the story. I don't think Seduction of a Highland Lass is a book I will soon forget. The McCabes' are on my re-read list. I was so totally in love with this story and can't wait to dive into the next book, Never Love a Highlander.  

Teasers: Must grab a box of kleenex before reading



No comments: