Sunday, November 6, 2011

Wrangled and Tangled by Lorelei James














Janie Fitzhugh and Abe Lawson
and
Renner Jackson and Tierney Pratt's story


Wrangled and Tangled (Blacktop Cowboys book 3)

By Lorelei James

Book Blurb:
Janie Fitzhugh and Abe Lawson have long been divorced and living apart. Now she's back in town, a changed woman-making cattleman Abe want to wrangle an invitation to her bed...
To get his dream ranch, Renner Jackson has partnered with spoiled daddy's girl Tierney Pratt. She thinks she can handle this cowboy, but Renner won't make it easy. Little do they know they will be entangled in ways neither dreamed possible.


I'm a super big fan of Lorelei James. When she has a new release, I simply click to buy on my Amazon account. I don't even read the book blurb. There are only a handful of authors that have that sort of status to me. In my opinion, nobody writes cowboy romance like Lorelei James

Wrangled and Tangled was such a great book but I have to admit, I was annoyed with the two romance stories in one book. That approach didn't bother me in her book Rode Hard, Put Up Wet. But it really annoyed me in Wrangled and Tangled. Both stories were excellent but I didn't want to keep up with the ping ponging between each of their stories. I'd get really engrossed with Renner and Tierney and then BAM, next chapter was Abe and Janie. I felt like I constantly had to re-warm up to the couples over and over again. 

The stories themselves were excellent. So much so that if I read Rennie and Tierney or Abe and Janie had their own book, I would have rated 5 hearts each. But with the constant back and forth, it downgraded the flow of the book for me. 

Wrangled and Tangled starts off with Abe and Janie's story. The previously married couple meet up  again when Janie returns to the Split Rock Resort. Old feeling resurface and both tread carefully. It was a great plot line on how Lorelei James had Janie temporarily move back into Abe's home and a great turn of events that kept Janie at the family home. 

I appreciated how Abe did a lot of admission that he was not the best husband first time around and it wasn't until an excellent confrontation by Abe near the end of the book that Janie finally realizes that she too was not the best wife. I was seriously cheering Abe on while reading that speech. Go Abe!

Rennie and Tierney was my favourite couple story of the book. I loved that Teirney wore glasses and was smart yet inexperienced. It was awesome reading how they constantly battled each other and then all that passion finally bubbled to the surface. Keeping their passionate affair discreet lead to interesting locked door meetings and google eyes across the rooms. 

Each of the couples had smoking hot intimate scenes and I enjoyed reading how their love for each other bloomed perfectly for each couple. 

Teasers: first time, toys, community dance, Mud Lilies




No comments: