Saturday, October 27, 2012

Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis













Lilah Young & Brady Miller's book




Animal Magnetism (Animal Magnetism book 1)

By Jill Shalvis


Book Blurb:Co-owner of the town's only kennel, Lilah Young has lived in Sunshine, Idaho, all her life. Pilot-for-hire Brady Miller is just passing through. But he soon has Lilah abandoning her instincts and giving in to a primal desire.
It's Brady's nature to resist being tied down, but there's something about Lilah and her menagerie that keeps him coming back for more.



Animal Magnetism was a sweet story that had really likable characters. That includes the quirky cast of animals. Scene stealers is what they all were. 

Lilah is about a perfect as a heroine as you could get. Almost too perfect. She was funny, lovable, pretty and has the biggest heart that you could ever have met. In fact, there is nothing that isn't unappealing about her and maybe that is a bit unappealing in itself. Regardless, I adored her. I feel that the readers really got to know Lilah and there was no secrets about her. What you see is what you get. 

Brady on the other hand was really quiet and also really gorgeous. I could easily picture him in my mind. Honestly, even though he had conversation in the story, I'm wondering if he ever talked. They did have a lot of comfortable silences and Brady is not a talkative character at all. He is a total alpha type of male. Actions more than words. Lilah was a good match for him. 

I loved how they met and it set Animal Magnetism off to a great start. I started smiling from the beginning and I don't think I stopped. It is quite obvious that Jill Shalvis is familiar with pet antics and is no stranger to owning pets with personalities. From kittens to puppies to ducks, each of these furry or feathered creatures were great characters. 

One of the things I really liked about Animal Magnetism was how Lilah played out the ending. Knowing from the start that Brady was leaving she had maintained throughout the story that she wanted a light and fun relationship with no picket fence ending. Of course, Lilah is the type of woman who is a total picket fence girl. Regardless when it was time for Brady to leave, she held it together and didn't dump a typical guilt trip onto Brady and then become a sniveling weakling or become angry towards him. She knew it was coming. Of course her heart was breaking but she was so courageous in allowing him to go without breaking down in front of him.

Great story and I can't wait to move onto the next book. There are some great character set ups that I am eager to read about. 

Teasers: helicopter date, kitten about to pounce on morning wood, mistaken for a raccoon, skinny dipping in a mystical love lake





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have this one on my shelf and now I'm looking forward to reading it even more! :)