Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas












Rafe Bowman and Hannah Appleton's book
Reunion book of the Wallflower ladies






A Wallflower Christmas

By Lisa Kleypas

Book Blurb:
Rafe Bowman has just arrived from America for his arranged meeting with Natalie, the very proper and beautiful daughter of Lady and Lord Blandford. His chiseled good looks and imposing physique are sure to impress the lady-in-waiting, and if it weren’t for his shocking American ways and wild reputation, her hand would already be guaranteed. Before the courtship can begin, Rafe realizes he must learn the rules of London society. But when four former Wallflowers try their hand at matchmaking, no one knows what will happen… 

Winning a bride turns out to be more complicated than Rafe Bowman anticipated, especially for a man accustomed to getting anything he wants. However, Christmas works in the most unexpected ways, changing a cynic to a romantic…and inspiring passion in the most timid of hearts. 





I bought A Wallflower Christmas a long time ago because I was so attracted to the beautiful cover. I love those dresses! I want one of those dresses! At the time, I hadn't even read any Lisa Kleypas books before. Well of course that changed and now I've read a pile of Lisa Kleypas books and I am so happy that I finally got to read this one. Even though it's August and this is a Christmas themed book it was still fabulous. It was a wonderful reunion book that ended this amazing Wallflower series perfectly. I will miss those ladies!

I am so sad it's over. I read this small book (which is about half the size of the previous books) so quickly. I wanted more. I didn't want it to end. I am currently sulking. 

Goodbye to Annabelle, Evie, Lillian and Daisy. What a great group of friends. All so different and yet in the face of being so different, each had such an amazing story where strong friendship was heavily themed. I am so pleased that  Lisa Kleypas  put out one last little novel to share a bit more of their life after their books. I enjoyed every page that the friends were featured on. 

Rafe was Lillian and Daisy's oldest brother. I have to say at first I really didn't care for him. He grew on me though. I did however like Hannah right away. I liked how she also enjoyed a close relationship with her cousin even though she was her paid companion. I loved that Lisa Kleypas didn't make her cousin, Natalie to be a villain. It just wasn't necessary to make the women mean to each other in order to make the story good. I cannot stress how much I appreciated that! 

Even though the story was short, it was sweet and had enough content to satisfy me with a wonderful ending to the Wallflowers series. 

Teasers: burnt love letter, toupee in tree, Dicken's Christmas Story, library affair (almost) 






No comments: