Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole













Myst & Nikolai Wroth's book






The Warlord Wants Forever


By Kresely Cole




Book Blurb:Nikolai Wroth, once a ruthless human warlord in the 1700s and now a general in the rebel vampire army, needs to find his Bride, the one woman who can render him truly alive. As a turned human, he doesn’t enjoy a heartbeat or breaths and is consequently weaker than fully blooded vampires. He wants his Bride for the power she will bring him and can hardly believe it when his heart beats for Myst the Coveted, a mad, fey, mythological creature.

Myst is known throughout the world as the most beautiful Valkyrie, part chillingly fierce warrior, part beguiling seductress who can “make you want her even as she’s killing you.” She has devoted her life to protecting an ancient, powerful jewel and to fighting the vampires, and she now sees a way to torment one—for with Wroth’s heartbeat comes consuming sexual desire that can only be slaked by her.

She eludes him for five years, but he has finally chased her to ground and stolen the jewel which commands her, giving him absolute power over her. While he possesses it, he can make her do anything, and he plans to in order for her to experience first hand the agonizing, unending lust she’d purposely subjected him to for half a decade. Yet when Wroth realizes he wants more from her and frees her, will she come back to him?




Ok I guess I was way off base with how I pictured the Valkyrie from A Hunger Like No OtherApparently they don't look anything like how I pictured them in that book.   







http://hercxena.wikia.com/wiki/File:Xena_Valkyrie.jpg
 
Instead they are sexy bad ass warrior type of women (but not as tall since Myst is only 5ft tall). Ok I admit it, I'm not up on my mythos and I based everything I learned about the Valkyrie from A Hunger Like No Other. 

I quickly figured out in The Warlord Wants Forever that since the sexy masculine General Wroth was all hot and heavy for the Valkyrie, Myst the  Coveted , that there was no way she was an aged wee pixie type of fairy. I get it now. She is a Xena type of badass warrior women who'll destroy you. 


I think it would have been better to rear  The Warlord Wants Forever  before  A Hunger Like No Other . I think I would have rated  A Hunger Like No Other  higher if I had more understanding of this story. Now that I have my bearings ready and adjusted, I could move forward in the story. I liked The Warlord Wants Forever but I continued with a bit of head scratching. Things like; how could Wroth who had been around for centuries not know what a Valkyrie is and why did he not know more about the Lore? He is in this vampire type of war but not clear on the creatures within his world??? It puzzled me. 

I did really like Myst and Wroth together. I loved the idea about the magical belt that Myst wore around her waist. The entire "commanding" charm that held Myst in check was a really cool idea. I liked that Wroth was so desperate to be with Myst he used the power against her yet never made her do anything she wouldn't actually want to do. It was a great wielding power tool and Wroth really didn't take that much advantage. Well okay he did take advantage but it could have been much worst. 
I was almost wondering if maybe the charm had worn off years ago but Myst kept agreeing to his commands only because she thought she had to not really knowing the charm had ceased. Now that would have been super cool. 

The Warlord Wants Forever is really just a novella in length. I'm warning you of that now so that you won't be disappointed when you load it on your Kindle and it is done at 69%. (yeah sucked)

It was a great introduction to the story Lore and I wished I did actually read this book before I read A Hunger Like No Other. I think the descriptions and background was better set in The Warlord Wants Forever. Oh well. It wasn't drastic enough to make me disappointed. 

Teasers: 5 LONG years, "Can I have it? Can I. Can I. Can I.", sexy lingerie, Sunlight sacrifice





2 comments:

Jo K said...

Poor Wroth! :) I liked how he never used too much of the advantage from obtaining Myst's charmed belt, too. Great review!

Unknown said...

Thank you Pepca.