Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - DarkFever by Karen Marie Moning



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 

DARKFEVER is a first time read for me. 

Since DARKFEVER is such a well known series, for those who have read it, I want to remind them of  Jericho Barrons from the beginning. For those who haven't read it, what are you waiting for? 















Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

Around three o'clock in the morning, I woke up strangely on edge. I pulled the drape aside and looked out. Jericho Barrons was on the sidewalk in front of The Clarin House, leaning back, his arms folded over his chest, staring up at the inn. He wore a long dark coat that went nearly to his ankles, a shirt of shimmering blood-red, and dark pants. He dripped casual European elegance and arrogance. His hair fell forward to just below his jaw. 
Page 87, Karen Marie Moning, DARKFEVER (book 1)


I know that was more than 2 sentences but they were all linked. Aren't you just dying to know what happened next? 


16 comments:

Julie said...

Ah! You're making me want to read it again...and I've already read it multiple times! Great quote choice!

Jennifer @ The Book Nympho said...

Returning the follow. Thanks for stopping by The Book Nympho! I love the fever series; great choice.

Julie said...

Oooh, this is fun! Here's my teaser: 'When you know something's wrong, but you don't know exactly what it is, the air around you changes. Claire felt it. The plastic of the phone was too warm. The walls were sweating slightly. If she went out to the garden, she knew she'd find the morning glory blooming in the middle of the day.' Pg 79, Sarah Addison Allen, Garden Spells

Unknown said...

These books are amazing one of my favorite series!! Karen moning wrote a POV from barrons on her website for this book.

satins booki said...

ohhhh great teaser, and congrats on it being your first time lol. welcome to the world of teaseing. im now following you. thanks for stopping by





http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/08/tuesday-teaser.html

Anonymous said...

Very interesting tease! I'll have to take a look at those books.

Here's my tease: http://diannehartsock.wordpress.com/2011/08/02/teaser-tuesday-11/#comments

Kyanara_BJD said...

Great teaser!
Thnx for stopping by my blog today!
Have a great tuesday!
kyanara

Wendi said...

Great teaser! I haven't read this series, but now I want to. :)

Welcome to TT! Thanks for stopping by my teaser.

~ Wendi

Unknown said...

Great teaser! Hope you're enjoying it! Thanks for stopping by

Old follower

Cecelia said...

That DOES make me wonder what happens next! Nice teaser.

If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Great teaser!! Read this series and LOVED it! Hope you do too! This is really a tease since I can't quite recall what's going on! Darn it!! ;)

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Have a GREAT day!

Sally said...

Great teaserr. Totally going to read this series this month!
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-30.html

Erika @ badass book reviews said...

I love KMM Bring on Mac and JZB Baby.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, I'm already a follower of yours!

Today on my blog we are talking about Sex ~ So stop by and bring your opinion

Erika

- Squirrel Deity - said...

I haven't heard of this book, but it looks interesting!

Stef @ imabookshark.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Very cool teaser Michelle, and the book sounds awesome.. will have to check it out. Nice to have you playing along:) It's fun.

Tania

Kati R said...

Thanks for stopping by my TT. Oh JZB. I <3 him. Great teaser!