Saturday, September 24, 2011

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs




















Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson book 2) 
By Patricia Briggs

Book Blurb:
Mechanic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places-and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favor. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind.

But this new vampire is hardly ordinary-and neither is the demon inside of him.



This series just got even better with Blood Bound. I really liked Moon Called book 1 but Blood Bound completely solidified my admiration for this series. What an action packed enjoyable read. 

I've determined what I really like about the characters that Patricia Briggs created is that she doesn't waver and change the foundation of what she originally developed. When the werewolf character Warren was gravely injured, he was challenged by a pack mate for his place in the wolf hierarchy. Of course I completely disliked the other wolf from making that stake but that is truly the wolf mentality. I respected the author for keeping up with the pack frame of mind and sticking with it.  Same with the vampire seethe. The vampires are not a nice sexy group but rather a cruel assembly. With the exception of one character Stefan, they continue to be pitiless and not adjust even if the story line would be easier to write if they all of a sudden decided to take on more of a human justice approach. 

The sorcerer turned vampire villain was perfectly despicable and hauntingly spooky. The scene at Mercy's trailer made me sweat. He was cruel and the way Patricia Briggs wrote his destruction and murders made the reader's imagination bloom and the body shudder. I LOVED that particular writing talent in an author. Instead of saying exactly what the villain did, she leaves it more to the readers intelligence. My favourite style!

The love triangle of Adam, Mercy and Sam continues but it's not the center of the story. Sam may have been Mercy's past but Adam is her future and I find myself just wishing Sam would go back to Montana. I like him fine and perhaps there are camps of fans that would rather the Mercy/Sam team, but honestly I am all about Adam and I have a book crush on him. 

The ending was climatic and even though Blood Bound does not end with a cliff hanger, I cannot wait  to start book 3. These books are not really stand alones and are to be read in the series. The heat level at this point has only consisted of kissing. 

Teasers - garage workout, ghostly encounters, vampire love words, and Mercy about Adam "let the warmth of his body sink into my soul"





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Patricia Briggs and this series rocks....

Julie said...

I also wished Sam would just go away! LOL The next book is my fave in the series to date. Great review Michelle!

Sara Kovach / Dare to be Different - Teach! said...

Sounds like a wonderful series. Can't wait to check them out!

skovach717@gmail.com