Monday, September 5, 2011

Passion Unleashed by Larissa Ione











Wraith and Serena's book





Passion Unleashed Book 3

By Larissa Ione

Book Blurb:
FORBIDDEN TEMPTATIONS

Serena Kelley is an archaeologist and treasure hunter-and a woman with a secret. Since she was seven, she's been the keeper of a powerful charm that grants her health and immortality . . . as long as she stays a virgin. But Serena isn't all that innocent. And when a dangerously handsome stranger brings her to the brink of ecstasy, she wonders if she's finally met the one man she cannot resist.

FATAL DESIRES

Wraith is a Seminus demon with a death wish. But when an old enemy poisons him, he must find Serena and persuade her to give him the only known antidote in the universe-her charm. Yet, as she begins to surrender to his seductions and Wraith senses the cure is within his grasp, he realizes a horrible truth: He's falling for the woman whose life he must take in order to save his own.




Wow book 3 of the Demonica Series, Passion Unleashed, was by far the best one yet. I simply loved it. Passion Unleashed was action packed from the beginning to the very exciting end. 

I liked Wraith in the first two books. I felt that his vulnerability meshed well with his "whatever" attitude. There are many tragic heroes written in oodles of Paranormal and Urban Fantasy novels yet I felt Larissa Ione did an excellent job of having Wraith own his character without duplication. Wraith's past is truly heartbreaking.  

Serena was a perfectly written match for Wraith. It was easy to believe that the bad boy Wraith was going to fall heavy and hard for her. It felt the couple was in a doomed situation and the angst story line was excellently written. I wasn't sure how much more conflict and interference the pair could take. The pair endured a lot and it made for great reading.  

A new character Lore was introduced and I am interested in learning more about him. In fact the Demonica series has a great secondary cast of characters that I'm just as eager to read about. Gem and Kynan had a great side story that fit perfectly into Passion Unleashed. I think their interesting story line completely enhanced the book.

One thing I really like about this Demonica series is that each book tidies up the main plot but leaves just enough questions to pick up the next book in the series. I have no idea who the next book is about but I can't wait to see what next adventure or tragedy hits Underground General Hospital. 

Teasers - sexy mind dreams, virginal sacrifice, two new family members for the Seminus demon family, a piece of Heaven




3 comments:

Julie said...

Your teasers are a blast! lol This seems to be the fave book for many. I really enjoyed it and found them to be a good match, but it wasn't my most fave. Nice review.

June M. said...

This was probably my fave of the series too! I love Wraith (half vamp + half demon = YUMMY) I only started reading Larissa Ione when ETERNAL RIDER was released and after that book, I had to get all of the Demonica books & IMMORTAL RIDER when it released. I am now a huge fan of Ms. Ione and can't wait for more books!
June M.

ReneeRearden said...

I've been collecting this series because of all the great reviews it's received. Thanks so much for your insights. I appreciate knowing main plots are concluded but other questions from subplots leave room for more books with great characters. I can't wait to get the last book and read this series!!!