Monday, September 5, 2011

Sin Undone by Larissa Ione














Sin and Con's book



Sin Undone Book 5

By Larissa Ione

Book Blurb:
HER TOUCH IS DEADLY As the only female Seminus demon ever born, master assassin Sinead Donnelly is used to being treated like an outcast. She spent decades enslaved, and now vows she'll die before she'll relinquish her freedom again. Then Sin's innate ability to kill her enemies goes awry: She creates a lethal new werewolf virus that sparks a firestorm of panic and violence.
HIS HUNGER CAN'T BE DENIED Half-werewolf, half-vampire Conall Dearghul is charged with bringing in Sin to face punishment for the plague. And she's no stranger: He's bound to her by blood, and the one sexual encounter they shared has left him hungering for her raw sensuality. Worse, Sin is the underworld's most wanted and Con soon learns he's the only one who can help her . . . and that saving her life might mean sacrificing his own.



It took me a long time to get into Sin Undone. My problem was that I couldn't stand the female protagonist, Sin. I really didn't like her in the previous book so I was wary going into Sin Undone knowing that the entire book was going to be about her story. Ultimately I did like Sin Undone but thankfully it was the other characters and story line that carried me through. 

Sin had a hard life but geez which one of these characters from the Demonica series didn't? What annoyed me was that out of all the hard luck stories of personal tragedy, why is it that the female out of the group is the one that ended up whiny and defensive and quite frankly, unlikable. Personally I think Wraith had it worse that Sin and even as messed up as he was, he was a likable character. There was honestly a time where I just wanted to pack the book in and call it quits. She grated on my nerves that badly. 

However, the story line of the mutant virus effecting the warg and werewolf worlds was excellent. I absolutely loved the side story of Kar and Luc and in fact, I wished the that Kar and Luc would have been the main story with Sin and Con the secondary.

I loved the slipped in updates from the previous couples. I loved the pending battle build up and I loved the ending. Even though Sin eventually stopped being whiny and a martyr of sorts, I still never really warmed up to her. Regardless the story itself was excellent so ultimately I am granting a strong 4 heart finish.

Teasers - mutant virus, new use for a snow ball, special coin, assassins galore  



2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh no! This was my favorite book and Sin is even on my fave character list! lol Just goes to show you how each book and each character affects us differently... The story was awesome though, wasn't it?! :)

Sue Sattler said...

I love all of her books. Great review.