Monday, September 12, 2011

Never Enough by Lauren Dane














Gillian and Adrian's book



Never Enough - Brown Siblings book 4

by Lauren Dane

Book Blurb:
Gillian Forrester spent most of her life running from who and what she came from. Until Miles came along. From the moment she held the tiny newborn her older sister didn't want, Gillian stopped running and began to build a life for herself and her adopted son. Now, thirteen years later, as Gillian's sister lay dying, she reveals the father's identity and makes Gillian promise to find him.

Adrian Brown is the epitome of the successful rock star. He's seen and done it all, with few regrets. It takes a lot to shock him but the bombshell that he has a thirteen-year-old son rocks his world. And Adrian is even more surprised when the buttoned-up, elegant woman who's raising Miles snags his erotic and romantic attention.

The last thing Gillian expected was to find herself getting hot and heavy with a person like Adrian. But as much as she wants to open up and give herself fully to this amazing man, she's afraid the secrets of her past and Adrian's problems with trusting people may keep them apart for good. If love isn't enough can they find the trust they need?




Oh boy I loved this book. In fact I have loved every single one of the Brown Siblings book series by Lauren Dane. If I can peal my eyes away from the cover for a sec, I'll give you my review. 


Ok I'm back but I am still glancing back and forth to the cover as I type this review out. The Brown Sibling books seriously own the best covers. Most of my books are Kindle books but I had to buy these Tradeback books because they are like pieces of art. *pets the pretty cover*

I have loved Adrian since book 1 "Laid Bare". I always wondered what he looked like. In my mind, he grew to have the look and sound  of Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam. 

Looking at the cover of Never Enough, I wonder if I wasn't too far off in my imagination. Regardless, drop dead gorgeous and extremely talented. Awesome combo.


This entire Brown series was top notch and Never Enough was the icing. Excellent end as well as a great beginning (in some sense) to a new Lauren Dane book series, Delicious (due 2012). I'm not sure who my favourite character was between the Brown Siblings' series but Adrian has to be one of the top. I was thrilled with the story plot line and I thought it was genius of Lauren Dane to create Adrian a 13 yr old son. The way that Gillian was brought into the picture was equally clever. 

I simply loved that Gillian was not a huge starry eye'd  fan of Adrian's and she didn't put up with any of his crap. She was a responsible, devoted mother and it was extremely evident by their son Miles' well behaved manner that she was a hands on mum his entire young life. 

However I did completely feel bad for how Adrian was told about his son Miles though. He was blindsided and who could blame the man for how badly he initially reacted. Everyone is always trying to take advantage of him and his fame. He needed to be careful.
Now enters Adrian's brother Brody *major swoon* and sets Adrian on the right track. 

The parenting conflicts that were experienced between Gillian and Adrian were as about as real as they come. The merging of families and deciding where to spend holidays was once again expertly woven into a real life situation.

Adrian and Gillian's intimacy set the pages on fire and I loved their filthy dirty talk. It just suit them perfectly. Speaking of talk, I adored Gillian's English accent and literally heard her speak through the pages. 

I just loved the Never Enough and it was so worth the wait. There are still some unfinished business with Adrian and Gillian so I can't wait for the next book series. I want to spend some time later and re-read each book a second time back to back.

   


5 comments:

L. blanchard said...

Great review! Being a musician, I'm always intrigued and concerned whenever I see it as a plot device or a charater trait because it can be so wrong, but this sounds great! Can't wait to read it.

The Rambling Readerista said...

i liked this book a little less than you but i still find it an excellent read. Btw, what is this about Delicious? I don't remember reading about it.. :(

Unknown said...

Hi Mizzmaja,
Delicious is the spin off series that is written about Gillian's Friends! How exciting is that. The first book out will be Daisy's book and the books will continue to include Gillian and Adrian. We will read about their move and wedding in that new series.
Hope that helps!

Unknown said...

Hi Laurie, thanks for the comment. If you are going to read, I strongly suggest starting with Laid Bare. The entire series is a musical family so I did think of you.

elaing8 said...

I love this series.I couldn't wait for Adrian's book. And I was not disappointed. Great review.