Friday, September 2, 2011

Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione














Tayla and Eidolon's Book





Pleasure Unbound (Demonica Book 1)


By Larissa Ione


Book Blurb:
In a place where ecstasy can cost you your life . . .
She's a demon-slayer who hungers for sensual pleasure-but fears it will always be denied her. Until Tayla Mancuso lands in a hospital run by demons in disguise, and the head doctor, Eidolon, makes her body burn with unslakable desire. But to prove her ultimate loyalty to her peers, she must betray the surgeon who saved her life.

Two lovers will dare to risk all.
Eidolon cannot resist this fiery, dangerous woman who fills him with both rage and passion. Not only is she his avowed enemy, but she could very well be the hunter who has been preying upon his people. Torn between his need for the truth and his quest to find his perfect mate before a horrific transformation claims him forever, Eidolon will dare the unthinkable-and let Tayla possess him, body and soul...


Last week I made a post asking for book series recommendations. Overwhelmingly my comments were Larissa Ione and the Demonica Series. So I took out my gift card and away I went. I bought the entire series. A lot of the blog comments told me that the first book was the not best book but to keep going. Okay, so once again I shall take their advice. 

Pleasure Unbound is book 1. I thought it was a great starting book. You were introduced to a cast of characters, an awesome setting (more about that in a sec) and you have yourself a villain(s)...or do you? So yes, you even have a bit of a mystery too. 


I was very confused first chapter. Right off the reader is introduced to a lot of characters where some are related (brothers) and some are secondary. It was a lot for me to absorb so I had to go back and re-read the beginning so I could have my bearings in place better. 


The setting premise for a demon hospital is an amazing idea.  Underworld General Hospital will offer lots of great story lines and an excellent cast of interesting demon characters. You would think with TVland loving every hospital show that premieres it is strange that the idea for a demon hospital hasn't come up before in a book series. At least not that I have heard of. Very original idea that Larissa Ionecreated for sure.


I like the idea that some of the demons are good and some are really bad...just like humans. That intrigues me how it is all positioned. As such you can't really take sides to determine who exactly are the bad guys and who are the good guys between Demons and humans. I also really like the the typical human behaviour of ignorance is used for the back drop of the story. If you don't understand or like something, then you seek to destroy it. Long time human history is peppered with such attitudes. I loved reading about Tayla coming to terms with that issue and self-discovery. 


I felt a great chemistry between Tay and "Hellboy" (lol love that nickname) It was hot and all sexed up. Not over the top erotic but sexy hot. Perfect blend for Pleasure Unbound


I can't wait to go on to the next book Desire Unchained.


TEASERS - UGH, aphrodisiac seamen, s'genesis
   





5 comments:

_yay_ said...

Read the series already but didn't get around to write the reviews...YET :-)
My fave is book 3. Fab review!

Julie said...

Yay! I also love the idea of the hospital. And the characters get clearer pretty quickly. Okay, now on to book two.

Savannah said...

I just bought this book and can't wait to read it! Me and my sister are buying the whole series and going to swap books back and forth. Thanks for reviewing it now I know what to expect!

throuthehaze said...

I LOVE this series. After reading this book I immediately went out and got the others. Great review!

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite series and Doc E. is def. an all time favorite hero of mine. Great review!