Monday, September 5, 2011

Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione













Idess and Lore's book




Ecstasy Unveiled Book 4

By Larissa Ione

Book Blurb:
A DEMON ENSLAVED Lore is a Seminus half-breed demon who has been forced to act as his dark master's assassin. Now to earn his freedom and save his sister's life, he must complete one last kill. Powerful and ruthless, he'll stop at nothing to carry out this deadly mission.
AN ANGEL TEMPTED Idess is an earthbound angel with a wild side, sworn to protect the human Lore is targeting. She's determined to thwart her wickedly handsome adversary by any means necessary-even if that means risking her vow of eternal chastity. But what begins as a simple seduction soon turns into a passion that leaves both angel and demon craving complete surrender.
Torn between duty and desire, Lore and Idess must join forces as they battle their attraction for each other. Because an enemy from the past is rising again-one hellbent on vengeance and unthinkable destruction.



I found myself being a little frustrated with Ecstasy Unveiled. My frustration was based on the constant misunderstandings and at times, the character Idess. 

At times Idess appeared to be a strong level headed female (ok Angel) and then there were times I was shaking my head thinking to myself, 'for a lady 2000 yrs old, she sure isn't with it' She seemed to get the fashion down  pat with the designer clothes and she seemed to be able to fight and hold her own but she was so socially immature. I get that flaw was a part of her character essence and fundamentally who she was but it just got annoying to me. Sometimes it just came off as her acting like a dumb blonde.

Lore was a great character. I liked him and I understand why he has scores of fans. However, Lore's twin sister Sin drove me absolutely nuts.  I couldn't stand her. Once again, I understand that she had a crappy life, still has a crappy life but the attitude was more a spoiled child. I know that her character was specifically wrote for the reader to feel those emotions towards her because another character, Con, listed off everything that drove me nuts about her. So intentionally done or not, I dislike her.

I have grown tired of the villain Roag. I may have groaned when I read his presence in Ecstasy Unveiled. The other villain was a totally genius idea. I won't say to much about him for spoilers but I thought it was very creative. 

The plot was really cool and it get high marks for me. There were a few gaps and other things that caught my attention. Like if the special demon manacle temporarily takes away Lore's power, why doesn't he just wear it as a bracelet of some sort when he wants to fulfill his incubus needs.

Sometimes the plot was so good that I got frustrated with the author having the characters pause for sex. For example, there was one climax point of the story where a baby is kidnapped and this is the time they decide to have sex? I realize that there was nothing they could have done at that moment to save the child but for the reader, I couldn't get into that scene and be happy for Idess and Lore when I knew that Lore's family was heartbroken. So times like that annoyed me. 

Well, Sin's book is next and although I am not as eager to dive into as I was with the other books, I am interested in the story line was was cleverly put together in Ecstasy Unveiled

    



1 comment:

Julie said...

"Sometimes the plot was so good that I got frustrated with the author having the characters pause for sex." LOL You're too funny. This was a good solid book for me - more on the lines of book 1. I can't say I noticed how Idess is not with it sometimes. lol I'll have to pay more attention when I do a re-read sometime...