Friday, September 30, 2011

Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs




















Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson book 3)

By Patricia Briggs

Book Blurb:
When her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, it's up to shapeshifting car mechanic Mercy Thompson to clear his name, whether he wants her to or not. And she'll have to choose between the two werewolves in her life-whether she wants to or not.



Iron Kissed was AWESOME. So, so good! Iron Kissed advanced the series forward. We learned more about the Fae, we understand Samuel's feelings toward Mercy and we are proud of what Mercy had to overcome in Iron Kissed. The entire book was based around Mercy's loyalty and what she is willing to do and how far she willing to go for her friends. 

Iron Kissed was more of a puzzle and murder mystery and the villain wasn't clearly defined until near the end of the book. Mercy acted like a private investigator and the villain wasn't really interested in Mercy until she got to close to the truth. An excellent read and a plot that commanded my attention. I didn't want to put Iron Kissed down for one second. 

Because it is a continuous series I don't want to provide any spoilers but I am truly excited about the advancement of all the various pack members. Even the secondary characters were more interesting in Iron Kissed

Iron Kissed ended on a really high note and I forced myself to stop to type my thoughts before moving forward but I really want to pick up Bone Crossed right now. *stares at cover* As much as I loved Blood Bound I think I loved Iron Kissed more. 

Teasers - Sam's epiphany, fae artifacts, brave Mercy, Zee's real form is shared.




4 comments:

Julie said...

See, I told you this one was better! Or did I?... I know I said it was my fave to date. Well, if I didn't also say it was better, I should have. ;) The plot was amazing in this one. And the Fae...so creepy. lol

Anonymous said...

Loved this one in the series too.. Glad you enjoyed it too... Are you reading any of her recent ones?

Unknown said...

Hey thanks for the comments ladies.

So far all I am reading of Patricia Briggs is the Mercy series. I am loving it!

I think when I am done River Marked I am going to pick up an historical romance. I've lots of UF this past month and it is time to switch it up.

vadeluna07 said...

I have to agree with you that this is an awesome series. Definitely one of my favorites. I love that the author throws in some unexpected things and keeps readers on their toes wondering what's going to happen next.