Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Play of Passion by Nalini Singh

Play of Passion (Berkley Sensation)Drew and Indigo’s book


Play of Passion (Phy-Changeling book 9)

By Nalini Singh

Book Blurb:
In his position as Tracker for the SnowDancer pack, Drew Kincaid must rein in rogue changelings who've lost control of their animal halves- even if it means killing those who've gone too far. But nothing in his life has prepared him for the battle he must now wage-to win the heart of a woman who makes his body ignite...and who threatens to enslave his wolf.



It’s so nice to get back to the changelings in Play of Passion. Since the two previous books didn’t really have the wolves or cats take  part much, it just felt awesome to get back to the forest.  

I wouldn’t have put Indy and Drew together so it was really cool to read how Nalini Singh put them together. Drew is playful, popular and really good at his pack role. As the pack tracker, he ventures out and builds relationships with other changeling groups. Indy on the other hand a top lieutenant, alpha in her own right, a bit serious and is one of the pack top athletes.   

I think Indy needed Drew to bring out her soft side but I was confused often on what exactly did Indy want. She fought to not have her and Drew mate because he didn’t fit her expectations of what she thought she needed. But my question is what did Indy want? As much as she admires her own mother she definitely didn’t want to be a submissive, she didn’t want a weaker male like her aunt and yet she’d get all upset when Drew pulled the alpha role on her.  Too bad that a hundred years in the future this alpha female role is still an issue.  

I am actually loving the behind the scenes story of the Pure Phy and how this group is going to effect the world, Phy council and the changelings. Sad to say but I wanted to skip over some of Drew and Indy’s chapters to get at the Phy/pack stuff.  I just felt that that Indy alpha struggle seemed to be playing over and over again and I was kind of getting tired of it. I found I totally loved Drew and as much as I liked Indy in the other books, she was starting to turn me off.  

I cannot wait for Sascha and Lucas to have their baby and I am really looking forward to Kiss of Snow.

No comments: