Saturday, April 16, 2011

Coin Operated by Ginny Glass

Coin OperatedElijah Elliot and Beatrix London's book

Book Blurb: Elijah Elliot and Beatrix London's fledgling ad agency is under siege. Not from outside competition but by Eli and Bea's unspoken lust for each other. As their unsatisfied cravings to dominate and submit bloom into vivid daydreams, the office becomes a minefield of frustrated needs and dangerous desires. Now something's gotta give or their partnership is going to self-destruct.
 
When Bea unveils a racy new light bondage ad campaign for their key client, she pushes Eli to cross the line he's drawn between them—the one that keeps him from doing all the hot, sinful things she imagines he's capable of...

When I read Coin Operated it was offered free by Carina.

Even though Coin Operated was a short book there was plently of room in this book to give a bit of a character assessment and my opinion.
Great writing as I honestly felt the lust struggle between Eli and Bea. In a short time it I got the idea of their history and the predicament they were at present day. I enjoyed reading about their daydreaming of each other. It was hot.

I was also angry right along side Bea during the fight they finally had when they came to terms with their feelings towards each other.

The only time that the story fell a little flat for me was when they finally did get together at the end. I am a realist and the entire laundry room scene didn't do it for me. I was all confused with him filling a washing machine full of water to heat coins? I couldn't picture where she was, where he was, where his hands were, the burning hot heated coins that apparently he could stick his arm into the water without a problem but the coins made her hiss? I don't know? This is where I got lost. Didn't buy it and the effect ruined it for me.


Also I get the spanking (even love it), I even understand crop whipping, cat o nine tails and many other plesure pain methods but wanting to burn her for pleasure? I am not getting that. Plus I don't think the water could have heated the coins enough to actually burn. Was it supposed to be like a hot rocks massage? I missed it and it went over my head.
After their little interlude in the laundry room I was left with the "now what" feeling.

No comments: