Friday, April 15, 2011

Oleander House by Ally Blue

Oleander House: Bay City Paranormal Investigations, Book 1Sam Raintree and Dr. Bo Broussard. The men aren't really together in this book but their relationship is the foundation for the series.

Book Blurb - Sam Raintree has never been normal. All his life, he's experienced things he can't explain. Things that have colored his view of the world and of himself. So taking a job as a paranormal investigator seems like a perfect fit. His new co-workers, he figures, don't have to know he's gay.
When Sam arrives at Oleander House, the site of his first assignment with Bay City Paranormal Investigations, nothing is what he expected. The repetitive yet exciting work, the unusual and violent history of the house, the intensely erotic and terrifying dreams which plague his sleep. But the most unexpected thing is Dr. Bo Broussard, the group's leader.

As the investigation of Oleander House progresses and paranormal events in the house escalate, Sam and Bo circle warily around their mutual attraction, until a single night of bloodshed and revelation changes their lives forever.


I am not sure I would have purchased Oleander House if it was not offered for free on an Amazon special. (sorry it's over now) Well that's the beauty of snatching up free books, sometimes you like them and sometimes you don't. In this case, I was surprised because I liked it. I'm not a big paranormal reader but I have to admit, I did really like it. I have already got book 2.

Even though the book is tagged M/M, Oleander House only includes M/M dream sex. Sam is gay. Bo is hidding behind a loveless marriage denying that he is gay. Luckily the book didn't completely focus on getting Bo to come out of the closet because there was alot more depth and story here. The character's relationship was a great read but the book had other excellent plots. (psychic, possesses the power to open interdimensional portals and accidentally let loose an unimaginable horror)

Now I would have preferred to read about the real M/M sex and not the dream version but I understand that Oleander House is book 1 so I am sure that there is lots of opportunity.


No comments: