Saturday, April 16, 2011

Shuffle Up and Deal by Susan DiPlacido

Shuffle Up and DealIzzy Santillo and Nick Nolan's book

Book Blurb:
Meet Izzy Santillo. She's a charming-but-lonely thirty-four year old woman who loves poker and harbors a secret crush on the reigning king of Hold 'em.

Meet Nick Nolan, the reigning king of Hold 'em. On the tables, he's fast and loose and almost always wins. But when it comes to women, playboy Nick holds his cards too close and always loses.

When Izzy and Nick meet in embarrassing fashion at a Las Vegas poker tournament, Izzy's secret dreams turn into a public nightmare. But despite her humiliation, she may have finally sparked Nick's interest in something other than cards. Before long, Nick takes a gamble on Izzy and raises the stakes when he offers to help her sharpen her game. But Izzy's convinced that Nick is bluffing and will fold his hand. Then a string of outrageous proposition bets and steamy trips on the poker tour, from Vegas to Miami, make these two fierce competitors realize that it may be time to put all their chips on the table. Will Izzy and Nick pair up? Or will they lose it all if they go all-in for each other? Sit down and ante up as Nick and Izzy get ready to Shuffle Up and Deal.


Shuffle Up and Deal is a supremely fun and entertaining book. I totally loved it. I can't get over that it was only $2.50 on Amazon. Shuffle Up and Deal was not a short little read and sometimes what you expect when some of the Kindle deals are inexpensive but instead a thoroughly enjoyable all day read.

My husband is a die hard poker player so I truely found this book to be awesome. I don't think you need to know about poker to play it but I think it really helped.

I didn't really care about the switching back and forth POV between Nick and Izzy but I got the hang of it. That really is my only draw back.

I wasn't to sure about Shuffle Up and Deal when I started because I was worried that Izzy was going to be the kind of girl that let everyone walk all over her and I really dislike helpless women but the book had her grow and by the end she was an awesome heroin.


Nick and Izzy are a great couple and the can steam up a page. Wow. There were a few totally awesome hot scenes but the scenes only complimented the story as the sex was not the entire story. I am so thankful for that. I love a great story with the heat turned up.

There are a few laugh out loud moments and even as I write this review, I am smiling about them. I don't want to ruin them for you if you happen to choose to read Shuffle Up and Deal (which I really hope you do)


No comments: