Tuesday, April 26, 2011

This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost




















This Side of the Grave

By Jeaniene Frost

Book Blurb:
Danger waits on both sides of the grave.
Half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her vampire husband Bones have fought for their lives, as well as for their relationship. But just when they've triumphed over the latest battle, Cat's new and unexpected abilities threaten to upset a long-standing balance . . .
 
With the mysterious disappearance of vampires, rumors abound that a species war is brewing. A zealot is inciting tensions between the vampires and ghouls, and if these two powerful groups clash, innocent mortals could become collateral damage. Now Cat and Bones are forced to seek help from a dangerous "ally"—the ghoul queen of New Orleans herself. But the price of her assistance may prove more treacherous than even the threat of a supernatural war . . . to say nothing of the repercussions Cat never imagined.



Well I finished the Night Huntress series as far as I can go for now. *taps fingers waiting for Fall 2011* I avoided the teaser pages at the end because I can't stand angst while waiting for books to be released (so I have no idea what the next book is about). Afterall, I want to sleep between now and the fall and already having to wait for Diana Gabaldon's books drives me over the edge.

I completely totally 100% enjoyed each and every book. I love Cat and Bones as well as all their friends. Excellent series to dive into.

Now for This Side of the Grave, it was good but it didn't have me as spell bound as some of the other books. That's quite alright though. Not each of the books needs to be a 5 heart rating to be enjoyable and satisfying. This Side of the Grave was just that, satisfying. There was closure to some dragging storylines and some wonderful new plots were formed. *rubs hands*

Jeaniene Frost continues to write Cat with some of the best lines and the steam factor in This Side of the Grave was turned up. Hot wax anyone?

I had a few tears spring from eyes after reading a particularly emotional chapter and I laughed out loud many times. (thanks to Cat's lines). At the beginning of the book I felt a bit nostaligic with the story beginning where Cat and Bones first met and I loved going back to revisit the cave.  I also thought it was interesting that Jeaniene Frost brought back Timmie from the first book Halfway to the Grave so that makes me wonder what the future has in store for him.

Awesome turn of events with Cat's mom but I won't reveal as a spoiler and I continue to love Ian and Vlad. Ian wasn't in This Side of the Grave much but he delivers a funny line near the end that was one of my laugh out loud moments.  I also enjoyed that all characters from the Night Huntress World series made appearances. Love the "Fang Family".

So now we wait for One Grave at a Time!



No comments: