Sunday, April 17, 2011

Surrender to Me by Shayla Black














Kata Munoz and Hunter Edgington’s book




Surrender to Me (Wicked Lovers book 4)

By Shayla Black

Book Blurb:

A ménage a trois becomes a dangerous obsession.

A Navy SEAL accepts a hot proposition: share a buddy's girlfriend and fulfill her dream of a ménage. But after meeting Kata he needs more than one night. And he wants her all to himself-a guilty secret that becomes a dangerous fantasy.


In a sing song voice..."I luuved it". Surrender to Me is book 4 of the amazing Wicked Lovers series by Shayla Black. You could read each one as a stand alone but why would you want to miss out on the deliciousness of the first 4 books. 

The book is called "Surrender to Me" and that's exactly what the entire book was. Hunter trying to get Kata to surrender to him. 

I find D/s books hot and Shayla Black certainly delivers a lot of heat in this book. 


I understood the characters so well. Hunter is an alpha male and needs to be a Dom in the bedroom however Kata has lots of reservations about being a submissive. Truthfully, her reservations are valid. She's had years of witnessing her mother being dominated by her bully stepfather and that's what she associates with a male dominating a female. Often when I read D/s books I get frustrated because the female character gives in so easily. I liked and appreciated that this entire book was a journey for Kata. 

So much happened in Surrender to Me. Their love was quick, fast and they fell hard for each other. Toss in a quick Vegas marriage, the angst regarding the threat to her life, her sick mother, Hunter being shipped out again and their constant conflict over control; it made for a great read.

I'm kinda on the fence about the ending though. Her submissiveness made her sounda a bit like a robot. I know it would have been hard to write how clearly she agreed to giving herself over but I kinda missed her fire and spirit. I just remembered one thing that did drive me completly nuts. Hunter's constant use of the word "Honey" OMG that grated on my nerves.

Wicked Ties was still my favourite of the series but this Wicked Series remains to still be awesome. So excited that at the end of the book there was a short blurb about Logan's book, Belong to Me.



No comments: