Sunday, April 24, 2011

Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost





















Destined for an Early Grave

By Jeaniene Frost

Book Blurb:
Since half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her undead lover Bones met six years ago, they've fought against the rogue undead, battled a vengeful Master vampire, and pledged their devotion with a blood bond. Now it's time for a vacation. But their hopes for a perfect Paris holiday are dashed when Cat awakes one night in terror. She's having visions of a vampire named Gregor who's more powerful than Bones and has ties to her past that even Cat herself didn't know about.

Gregor believes Cat is his and he won't stop until he has her. As the battle begins between the vamp who haunts her nightmares and the one who holds her heart, only Cat can break Gregor's hold over her. She'll need all the power she can summon in order to bring down the baddest bloodsucker she's ever faced . . . even if getting that power will result in an early grave.



I. Just. Loved. This. Book. OMG it was amazing. Well deserving of a 5 heart rating.

Destined for an Early Grave was so good that during a family Easter dinner I found myself sneaking away to read on the deck outside because I NEEDED to know what was happening next. What a page turner. I think Destined for an Early Grave is my favourite one of the series so far. So good. 

Destined for an Early Grave had me on a tidal wave of of emotion. No wait, make that a tsunami of emotion. I was sad, mad, happy, jealous, furious, miserable, nervous and about a hundred others that turned my tummy inside and out.

I feel by now I am totally invested in Cat and Bones's relationship. Jeaniene Frost has me wound so tight that I finished this paperback in one day. Yes I have to apologise to my relatives during our annual Easter family dinner so I could get right back to the book.  Good thing I have great in laws. (or they just think I'm crazy)

When Cat and Bones argue, I take sides. However I love them both so much that I am like a tennis ball bouncing over the net over and over again. One minute I'm all on Bones's side and then next I am 100% committed to Cat. They both have such great point of views and I am nothing more that a 1970's Pong Game.

The side characters that Jeaniene Frost created are just as valuable to the story. I think that Destined for an Early Grave was a perfect time to branch out on the spin off Night Huntress World series. In fact, I'm off to read Mencheres's Eternal Kiss of Darkness book next. I'm still mad at myself for reading First Drop of Crimson out of order but at least I'm all caught up and I now understand some major bombs that were exposed when I read it.

If you haven't started to read this series as of yet, please start at book 1 Halfway to the Grave. I try in my reviews not to give too much specifically about the books because I don't want to cause a spoiler. But if you haven't tried the series, see if your library has it, see if you can book borrow or take the plung and purchase all you can in one stop. I tried for a few months to pick up the series from used books stores but it seems like whoever buys these books, hangs on to them because there were none to be found.


No comments: