Thursday, April 3, 2014

C - Blogging Challenge "Contemporary Romance"

A to Z Challenge is posting every day in April except Sundays (we get those off for good behavior.) And since there are 26 days, that matches the 26 letters of the alphabet. On April 1, blog about something that begins with the letter “A.” April 2 is “B,” April 3 is “C,” and so on. 




Today's letter is C
Contemporary Romance

I am a romance book review blog. A big part of that genre falls under the umbrella of "Contemporary Romance". For me it is sometimes hard to distinguish between contemporary romance and erotic since so many of the books I read push the boarders. Of course what I consider erotic may not be erotic to another reader. I have read some really outstanding contemporary romance novels. Some of the novels have been written by really well known authors and some authors are up and coming. Regardless, here are some that came to my mind as soon as I thought of excellent contemporary romance. 



Contentment by Margaret Ehridge
A Virgin River Christmas by Robyn Carr
                                     

Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas



Dream a Little Dream by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis




A sample of some of my favourites.  
What are some of yours? 

11 comments:

DelightedReader said...

Contemporary is a wonderful C word! There were too many C words to choose from in my list. Chocolate, Cocoa, Coffee, Creamer, and on and on.

Where would we be without Contemporary Romance!

Sophia Rose said...

Yep, those authors definitely fall into what I consider Contemporary Romance. Lots of my favorite military romances do to.

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

Oh yes! Shalvis and A Virgin River Christmas are on my favorite contemporary list too!

One of my faves is Lori Foster. She does a lot of rom-suspense but has some great strait contemporaries as well.

Shelley Munro said...

I've read all of these authors and really enjoy contemporary romance. I also write it.

I like ones on the spicy/erotic end by authors such as Lorelei James, Kristen Ashley, but I also like Kristan Higgins and Nora Roberts.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Joanne said...

greetings and happy A to Z.
I like the author Roni Loren - she's more erotic romance, but a good writer. come visit - I'm www.wordsplash-joannefaries.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I'm really more of a historical romance - men in kilts....yummy!

Unknown said...

Linda I am all about the historical men! I've got a blog post ready for that alphabet letter too. Thanks for stopping by.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharonda Isadora said...

oooo! I love your c word. I just started reading comtemporary romances like the last part of last year. I love them.

I haven't read any of these authors, but I will defintely be on the look out for them :D

Laurie said...

Contemporary romance is a genre that I read. I lean towards the small town romances. Kate Perry, Jill Shalvis are a couple faves.

Anonymous said...

I love contemporary romance! Maria Murnane, Emily Griffin, Monica Murphy, Jessica Park, Kyra Davis (okay I like erotic romance too...=)