Friday, April 11, 2014

J - Blogging Challenge "Jon Paul Studios"

A to Z Challenge is posting every day in April except Sundays (we get those off for good behavior.) And since there are 26 days, that matches the 26 letters of the alphabet. On April 1, blog about something that begins with the letter “A.” April 2 is “B,” April 3 is “C,” and so on.


Today's letter is J
Artist Jon Paul Studios


I absolutely love romance cover art. The best artist out there in my opinion is artist Jon Paul. He is extremely gifted. If I won a million dollars, I'd seek him out to paint me into a romance cover. 


On the left is how the cover appeared when I bought Stephanie Laurens book. On the right is his original masterpiece. STUNNING!










As much as I love his gift for painting historial romance covers, Jon Paul is equally gifted as seen on Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark UF series. 



If you want to check out more of Jon Paul's breathtaking artwork, there are some excellent samples he has shared on his Facebook page here.

Of course he has his own website and you can find it here, 

On Youtube there is a great two part interview with Jon Paul. (note skip forward to the 2:44 mark because the beginning is a big goofy. However the interview and Jon Paul's process is amazing)


For part 2, once again skip ahead to about the 2:40. 



Are you in awe as I am? Do you have a favourite cover art style?  

1 comment:

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

Yes me too! I love his work. The covers are amazing (I'm a total coverwhore and okay with that lol).

I love covers like these or that fit the books. Cannot stand the new trend of random objects on romance/erotica. Makes my eye twitch. Give me something like this over an apple any day!