Monday, April 14, 2014

L - Blogging Challenge "Libraries. Dream Home Libraries"

A to Z Challenge is posting every day in April except Sundays (we get those off for good behavior.) And since there are 26 days, that matches the 26 letters of the alphabet. On April 1, blog about something that begins with the letter “A.” April 2 is “B,” April 3 is “C,” and so on.




Today's letter is L.
Libraries. Dream Home Libraries. 

Although the majority of my new book purchases are ebooks, I still have plenty of paperbacks and hardcovers that I covet. 

I would love nothing more than to display my books in a manner that would be similar to what you would see in magazines. That way I could pet my pretties daily. 



Now lets face it, as beautiful as the  Lello Bookstore in Portugal is, who really has a house with room and books like this?



I'd be happy to have a nice simple design like some of these. I love how not only is there a great design element for your books, but excellent reading nooks too!
http://www.goodshomedesign.com/reading-nook-design-ideas-home/
http://simpleform.net/home-library-furniture-for-your-dream-getaway-library/


http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/jason-johns-hyper-saturated-ho-109392#gallery/12176/16

As you can see by the three examples I have shared, I have no particular style that I lean towards. I always joke with my kids that as soon as they have moved out, they better be sure they aren't coming back because the first one to vacate is having his room transformed into a home library/reading nook. 

Are you lucky enough to have a home library? If not, do you have your books displayed at all? 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of folks picked LIBRARY for their "L" post today--including me!
These are all so lovely! I do display my books at home--I have a total of 7 bookcases of different sizes throughout my house. I love the way that books make a room look and feel so comfortable and cozy!

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

Gah. I would LOVE to have a home will a full library. Part of why I love historicals is the huge mansions/castles/estates they have and dreaming up all the possibilities. They always have the libraries and the parlors and this room and that and dozens of extra bedrooms I could decorate to my content. But mainly the libraries. I so drool over those.

I have simple here. Last couple years I've been putting in wall to wall bookcases in different rooms. So one whole living room wall. One guest room wall. Next up is a wall in the dining room. It's so nice to have those and really makes a great feature and difference in the rooms.

Anonymous said...

I'm an odd book nerd, because I don't actually own any books. I do pretty much live at my local library though, and the librarians probably know me better than my own mother :)

Julie Jordan Scott said...

I was reading through your post and I thought, "When the kids are gone, I'll have an awesome in home library!!" And then you said it... I'm turning my dining room into quite an art gallery so I suppose a fabulous book room is next. :-)

This is my first visit here - glad I hopped by! Happy A to Zing!


Julie Jordan Scott
The Bold Writer from A to Z

Julie Jordan Scott said...

I was reading through your post and I thought, "When the kids are gone, I'll have an awesome in home library!!" And then you said it... I'm turning my dining room into quite an art gallery so I suppose a fabulous book room is next. :-)

This is my first visit here - glad I hopped by! Happy A to Zing!


Julie Jordan Scott
The Bold Writer from A to Z

Ida Thought said...

One of the hardest things when i moved continents was letting go of most of my books, but they are just so heavy...I have one bookshelf now, and a chaise lounge in front of it - with a nice view and my kindle app :) I'm sure your taste in libraries is just as eclectic as your choice of stories

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.